When it comes to beautiful natural wonders and scenery, the Highlands of Scotland and New Zealand in general sit at the very top of my list of overseas destinations visited to date. Within our own backyard, Tassie comes mighty close.
We had decided to make the most of the Queen's Birthday long weekend, and plans for food adventures and Cradle Mountain hikes were put into motion. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other ideas and the heavy rainfalls that took place prior to our visit foiled our grand hiking plans. We were otherwise quite successful on the food front and managed to wing it with some small hikes here and there. But we'll be back for you, Cradle Mountain!
Day 1: Launceston to Devonport
- Hollybank Forest Reserve hike (25 min drive from Launceston)
- Tasmanian Food & Wine Conservatory (1.5 hour drive from Launceston)
- Drive to Devonport (25 min drive from Sassafras)
Day 2: Devonport to Launceston
- Forth Falls and Lake Barrington hike (45 min drive from Devonport)
- Moores Hill Estate, Tamar Valley (1 hr 45 min drive from Forth Falls)
- Lilydale Falls walk (40 min drive from Moores Hill Estate)
Hollybank Forest Reserve. Also home to Hollybank Treetops Adventure Park for those of you who enjoy ziplining.
*blog post for each coming soon!
Click here for blog post.